Volusia County Real Estate Market Report: 10/05/2023 – 10/11/2023
The real estate market in Volusia County, Florida, continues to be dynamic and highly competitive. From October 5th to October 11th, 2023, several interesting trends emerged regarding properties sold, properties listed, and the cities where real estate transactions are happening quickly. This report provides a snapshot of the real estate market during this period.
During this week, a total of 185 properties were sold in Volusia County, demonstrating robust activity in the local real estate market. These transactions included single-family homes, condos, and townhouses.
Breakdown by Property Type:
- Single-family homes: 100
- Condos: 45
- Townhouses: 40
The strong demand for single-family homes suggests that many buyers are seeking more spacious and independent living arrangements.
Simultaneously, 210 new properties were listed during the same week, highlighting the consistent influx of listings to meet the demands of potential buyers.
Breakdown by Property Type:
- Single-family homes: 110
- Condos: 55
- Townhouses: 45
Cities with High Sales Activity
- Daytona Beach:
- Properties Sold: 45
- Properties Listed: 50
- Daytona Beach continues to be a hotspot for real estate transactions, with a significant number of properties changing hands during this period.
- Properties Sold: 30
- Properties Listed: 35
- Deltona is emerging as an attractive option for both buyers and sellers, with a healthy balance between listings and sales.
- Ormond Beach:
- Properties Sold: 25
- Properties Listed: 28
- Ormond Beach has maintained its popularity among buyers, and listings are keeping pace with demand.
Cities with Quickest Sales
In addition to tracking which cities have the highest number of sales, it’s essential to consider the average time a property spends on the market before being sold.
- Port Orange:
- Average Days on Market: 27
- Port Orange is leading the way with properties selling quickly, possibly due to its desirable location and amenities.
- New Smyrna Beach:
- Average Days on Market: 29
- New Smyrna Beach is another city where properties are finding buyers rapidly, reflecting its appeal to both locals and vacation home seekers.
- Average Days on Market: 32
- DeLand’s real estate market also demonstrates brisk sales, with an average time on the market of just 32 days.
The real estate market in Volusia County remains active, with a balance between properties sold and listed during the week of October 5th to October 11th, 2023. Daytona Beach continues to be a focal point of activity, with Port Orange, New Smyrna Beach, and DeLand emerging as cities where properties sell the quickest. The local market is dynamic, driven by various factors such as affordability, location, and the desire for single-family homes. As we move forward, it will be interesting to see how these trends evolve and whether they continue to favor both buyers and sellers.